Looking to set up a property based platform to better display your building listings and information? In the following, we have listed all the essential steps of how to set up a WordPress real estate website. Here, we choose to recommend WordPress as the website builder. After all, this script has the highest level of flexibility. Also, the massive number of related plugins and themes makes the whole process of website building a relatively easy thing.
Surely, different kinds of websites should have different requirements. Unlike the common blog sites or the personal online platforms, the real estate site should include the effective and clear slider, the great map integration, the simple listing display and many more. Here, you can check the following content to learn how to achieve these without the need to spend immense efforts.
Choose the Proper WordPress Hosting Provider and Domain Name
If you just convert your current website to the property listing one, you can pass this step. If you are looking to set up a new WordPress real estate website from the scratch, you should pay attention to these two aspects carefully.
Firstly, for the WordPress hosting, we think you should focus more on the reliability and the hosting performance achieve by the web hosts. In the following, we have listed the top three WordPress hosting providers. Each of them has the great industry reputation and the worldwide user base.
As for the domain name selection, you can check this tutorial to learn some effective tips.
Install the Real Estate WordPress Template
Upon the proper WordPress installation, you should activate a well-designed real estate theme on the live WordPress site. Due to the flourish of this special industry, now, there are a lot of related WordPress templates you can choose from.
Here, if you have no idea of the theme selection, you can check this list of WordPress real estate templates. We have already narrowed down the choices with the best recommended options for you. In the following, we have listed some useful standards when making the decision.
- The template needs to have the optimized and eye-catching homepage design.
- The effective image slider is important.
- The custom and easy filter system can help people browse the property information quickly.
- The featured and the latest information section for the property listing can showcase your recommendation easily.
- Surely, the template should have the responsive design and no conflict with almost all the main plugins.
Install the WPCasa Plugin
Now, the general framework of your WordPress real estate site is already prepared. In the next step, you need to enable the property listing feature with the help of the WordPress plugin. This time, we sincerely recommend you to use the WPCase plugin. This is a flexible tool that ensures the intuitive way to help you create and manage the real estate site and the property listings.
Set Up the WPCase Settings
After the plugin installation, you should click the WPCase > Settings button to finish the following settings.
- Firstly, you need to choose the main listing page for the information showcase. Note that this page is created and selected automatically since you have installed this plugin.
- Each property listing will have the unique ID. If you want, you can modify the ID prefix.
- You need the proper measurement unit to describe the building information precisely. Here, you can select your preferred unit.
- For the better showcase of the listing prices, you can choose the currency, the currency symbol and the thousands separator.
- You need to introduce the property information for many aspects, such as the beds, baths, plot size, terrace, heating, parking and many more. If you need more aspects, you can configure the listing features section.
- For the renting property, you can decide the rental periods based on days, weeks, months and years. Also, you can determine the date format for the property listing table.
- This plugin works fine with the Google Maps. Here, you can register for this Google tool to get the Google Maps API key. And then, you can enter the key into the Google Maps API section.
Start Adding the Listing with the Price Information
Now, you can start adding the listing and property information. Here, you can click the Listings > Add New button. Note that the information editor works the same way as the standard WordPress post editor. In this case, you firstly need to enter the catchy heading of the property, along with the detailed introduction.
After that, you can move to the Listing Price section. When adding the price of the building, you only need to enter the number without the thousands separators and the currency symbols.
In addition, you can tell people the property is ready for sale or only for rent. If you chose the rent option, you also need to enter the rental period.
Enter the Listing Details
Next, you can provide the information of listing details. For instance, you can tell people the number of beds and baths, the plot size, the parking address, the terrace size and some built-in fitments.
Tell the Listing Location
Now, you should tell people the exact location of the property. In this case, you’d better enter the address as precise and detailed as possible.
If you want, you can also enter some public notes or the secret notes for the address. Even, you can exclude some special properties from the general listings map if you need.
Offer the Information of Listing Agent
This time, you need to tell people the information of the listing agent. These include the agent name, company, description, contact information, website URL and business logo.
Choose the Extra Taxonomies
Lastly, you can move to the right hand of the screen to check the extra taxonomy boxes. For instance, you can choose the location, the listing types, the property features and the categories from your stored options.
In addition, if this listing is already rented or sold, you can go to the Listing Attribute box to check the option, indicating that the item is not available at all.
Now, you can publish this listing and it can look like the following.
Set Up Your Listing Page
All the property information offered by you will be showcased on the Listing Page you have selected in the plugin settings. By default, this page can contain the first line of shortcode just like the following. But here, you can also add the second shortcode so as to display the listings search form.
Now, the page can look like the below example.
Make Use of the Listing Map
If you want, you can go to the WPCasa > Add-ons part to enable the WPCase Listings Map add-on. This option is free to use, with which your visitors can check the listings by locations on this clear map.
You can make some configurations for this part by clicking the WPCase > Settings > Map button. Here, you can choose the listing map page, enter the link text of the toggle map, decide the maximum number of listings, determine the width and the height of the map, select the map type and many more.
This way, people can check the property just like the following sample.
Make Some Further Configurations
The main framework of the real estate site is finished. If you want, you can also make some further modifications. For instance, you can display the latest or the featured property on the sidebar, optimize the header and the footer section of the whole site, upload the logo and many more.