Far and wide, Textpattern is employed as a blogging tool among lots of blogging software in the field. With extensive attention obtained, it becomes a household word for many bloggers including novices in blogging. To help you get a clear idea of this tool, we reveal its true color in light of several aspects: cost, usability, extendability and support.
As early as in 2001, an unnamed version of Textpattern was launched serving to publish Textism. Then, it was officially announced in 2003. As more than a decade goes by, its latest version Textpattern 4.5.5 was released on October 4, 2013. In below, we worked out a ratings chart after we have blogged using its latest version for a month.
Cost > Is It Cost-Free?
Textpattern is born as an open source CMS and blogging tool that is written in PHP utilizing MySQL database backend. Therefore, everyone has free access to its latest version via uploading it straightway at its official website: textpattern.com. On account of the trait being free, this tool is widely put to use by numerous groups including bloggers, publishers, web designers, site administrators and developers and so forth.
Usability > Is It User-Friendly?
One of the reasons why this project wins fondness from plenty of webmasters consists in its built-in simplicity that enables bloggers to start blogging in minutes, as well as its usability that is realized by the features we have listed in the following.
- Administrative Panel – This panel features an admin interface gaining popularity because it is clear labeled, efficient and minimalist. This characteristic makes it possible and quickly for designers to build standard-compliant and well-structured blogs and websites allowing authors to carry on the editing and publishing of content.
- Textile – This markup language is build-in to convert marked-up text to well-organized XHTML without learning HTML, and insert character entity reference designed for apostrophes.
- Built-in Tags – This feature allows bloggers to have a full control on the content and presentation through making the CMS both elegant and manageable.
- Freedom in Design – Bloggers are able to get unlimited site sections, page layouts, browser-based template and CSS editing, together with flexible engine for a variety of websites ranging from blogs to personal and corporate websites.
- Image Management System – This one is integrated for the association of images with specific pieces of content.
Extendability > Is It An Extensible Platform?
Bloggers enjoy blogging with Textpattern applied also because of its powerful extendability. We show it via the following detailed description.
- Themes – The community of Textpattern designs a collection of “front-of-site” and “administration” themes paving the road to beautify and embellish blogs making versatile CMS.
- Plugins – There are altogether 759 plugins for archive, category, custom field, e-commerce, email, galleries, images, just to name a few of them.
Moreover, the above themes and plugins are easy to control including the installation and maintenance that can be easily achieved through copying, pasting and activating codes.
Support > Is It Helpful?
Being available in more than 40 languages, this blogging tool is also celebrated for its helpful, friendly and active community that is always there devoting itself to help figure out and address matters. Furthermore, forums are in this community where you are capable of checking a great number of articles. Altogether, there are 1,024 posts on official announcements, 7,295 posts on core development, 498 posts on internationalization, and 6,780 on features.
On the other hand, the articles for assistance include 41,320 how to posts, 3,834 posts for troubleshooting, 866 posts for theme author support, and so on. If you need to refer to more information in details, please visit its official website.
Summary > Textpattern Is Commendable
With the above comprehensive analysis, we make a clear point that Textpattern is a smart choice for blogging on condition that you correctly select a reliable web hosting provider. If you are still on the way to search one, please refer to the best Textpattern hosting to hunt one. In addition, we also think the companies in the following table are worth trying. Please refer to the table in below to get more information.