DiscountASP.NET review is based on the supported ASP.NET technology, hosting features, speed, reliability, technical support and price.
DiscountASP.NET, a Microsoft Silver hosting partner, operated in Sierra Madre, CA, US, has devoted into ASP.NET hosting service since 2003. With nearly 15 years’ growth, now it has served for a great number of ASP.NET hosting customers and plenty of ASP.NET websites.
The company is seriously focused on the reliable & fast ASP.NET hosting and professional ASP.NET technical support. Unlike other cheap & unlimited ASP.NET hosting providers, this company provides and guarantees the sufficient server resources for every hosting account by the restriction “1 site on 1 account”.
>> We receive a commission for recommended services. It does not affect the price you pay and helps us to run the website.
The regular price of DiscountASP.NET is starting at $10/mo. Though DiscountASP.NET supports monthly payment, yearly users can enjoy the bottom price.
And there is also a full money-back guarantee with a period of 30 days and anytime pro-rated money-backan guarantee. Customers are able to ask for a full refund if they cancel their accounts within the first 30 days and a prorated refund after that period. In this way, customers can put their money in safe. This is because DiscountASP.NET doesn’t want to hold on to you in an unworkable and undesirable situation.
In terms of payment methods, customers can pay the hosting service via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Frankly speaking, its price is affordable enough and its plan is quite favorable. We highly recommend the Base web Hosting plan to general webmasters. Developers who run large enterprises can also take DiscountASP.NET into consideration. It is a fact that the server resources are limited, but add-ons are available to meet more needs.
DiscountASP.NET supports almost all the latest cutting-edge ASP.NET technology, such as the latest MSSQL Server 2016, Windows 2016, and more. The close partnership with Microsoft makes this web host sensitive to the industry trends and benefits its users. As an ASP.NET based personal, small and medium business, you don’t need to concern whether an ASP.NET website can be fully supported there.
- Hosting Domain1
- Disk Space1000 MB
- Monthly Bandwidth80 GB
- FTPIIS 10.X FTP
- Full Refund30 Days
- Email Boxes500
- Email Storage500 MB
- Web-mail AccessYes
- Virus ScanningYes
- OSWindows 2008/2012/2016
- Isolated App PoolYes
- Remote IIS MgmntYes
- Remote MSSQL MgmntYes
- MSSQL Edition2012/2014/2016
- VS Web DeployYes
- Trust LevelFull Trust
In addition, the company offers an isolated application pool to prevent each customer’s site from being taken down by other clients due to runaway applications or bad code. What’s more, the hosting package includes ASP.NET based control panel with which customers can manage their account, domain, e-mail, and database easily.
Here, the Base web Hosting plan includes 1000 MB disk space, 80 GB monthly data transfer, FTP, additional 3 FTP users, FTP over SSL and WebDAV. Apart from these features, it also provides many other important features that are listed out below.
- Domain Name Feature: unique domain name, private whois for $8.95/yr, International domain names hosted and root domain pointer.
- Email Feature: SmarterMail email system, email boxes (POP3/IMAP), 500 MB email storage space, web-based email, catch-all email, outgoing SMTP server and free email virus scanning.
- Supported Technology Feature: Windows hosting platform (Windows 2016, Windows 2012, and Windows 2008), IIS10.x/8.x/7.x, ASP.NET Core/4.7.x/4.6.x/4.5.2/3.5/2.0, LINQ, IIS manager, and WCF RIA service.
- Database Feature: MSSQL 2016/2014/2012, MS access database, secure web-based MS SQL manager, ASP.NET SQL server session support, SSL encrypted SQL connections and SQL profiling as a service.
- ASP.NET Control Panel: ASP.NET based control panel.
Fast Hosting Speed
DiscountASP.NET uses Dell servers that are equipped with 64-bit operating system, dual quad-core, 32 GB RAM, RAID 10 disk arrays, and redundant OC48 connections. What’s more, the company utilizes multiple Tier 1 telecom providers to provide fast speed of the Internet connection, and competitive routing and switching technologies to offer high performance. All of the state-of-the-art facilities have achieved fast hosting speed. In below, we have carried out that the average response time from DiscountASP.NET is nearly 288ms.
DiscountASP.NET guarantees 99.9% uptime for their professional ASP.NET hosting and actually implements the guarantee in practice. We have set up a website uptime monitoring for all our ASP.NET sites hosted with DiscountASP.NET, and haven’t found any downtime longer than 10 minutes. In a whole year, the uptime of our sites is closed to 99.98%, read the uptime of one of the ASP.NET sites as the following statistics chart.
The strong reliability of the ASP.NET hosting comes from their 1) rock-solid Microsoft technology, 2) daily security update and a hardware firewall.
- DiscountASP.NET has optimized the Windows and IIS in the best configuration for the shared web hosting. E.G. It provides an isolated application pool for every hosting site by leveraging the power of the latest Windows 20016 and IIS 10.x. In this case, every site is running in a different process that won’t be affected by the crash of the neighbor sites.
- DiscountASP.NET updates the servers for the latest Windows security patches timely and utilizes the Cisco hardware firewall for the increased ASP.NET hosting security. For our own hosting experience with DiscountASP.NET, we have never experienced an attack and hack in the whole past year.
Quality Technical Support
DiscountASP.NET offers 24×7 technical support through their support portal and email. In this way, this company enables its customers to get technical assistance whenever they come across problems.
In addition, DiscountASP.NET has worked out a lot of helpful articles to teach customers how to deal with common issues. It could be better if DiscountASP.NET can enable chat and phone support. This will give users more contact options when they need instant help. To be honest, this is the main concern for some webmasters, though the responses from the support portal and email are also quick.
Conclusion – DiscountASP.NET Is Good for Hosting an ASP.NET Website
In summary, DiscountASP.NET is good for hosting an ASP.NET website, due to its affordable price, rich features, almost 100% uptime, fast server response and quality technical support. And, we sincerely recommend this company to our readers who are looking for a reliable ASP.NET hosting plan.
// this post contains affiliate links