How to Create a Great Welcome Email in WordPress for New User Registrations
Whatever type of WordPress website you are operating, multiple interactions with your users are of great importance for success. Even though the forms of interactions vary from individual to individual, sometimes you can get closer to your audiences simply via an email.
Every user who registers to your WordPress website will receive an email that is automatically sent. Containing only the username and password, this default email is in multiple cases not informative. Therefore, it’s better for you to create a custom welcome email by yourself.
With the help of this cool SB Welcome Email Editor plugin, we are going to show you the detailed steps about how to create a great welcome email in WordPress.
Step 1: Install SB Welcome Email Editor
Go to “Plugins” > “Add New” in the sidebar of WordPress dashboard and search for SB Welcome Email Editor. Then click the “Install Now” button to install this plugin. If you are new to the installation and activation of WordPress plugins.
Step 2: Customize Your Welcome Email
After activating the plugin, go to “Settings” > “SB Welcome Email Editor” from the sidebar menu. On this page, you are allowed to update the default WordPress welcome email, add headers, and edit the templates both for admin and user emails. In general, these available setting options are categorized as follows.
- General Settings – is where to set the “From Email Address” and the “From Name”. It is also possible to send the email as HTML or TEXT. Moreover, if you want to change the header of your email, remember to set the “Set Global Email Headers” as “NO”.
- Welcome Email Admin Notification Settings – is where to change the subject and body of the email sent to the admin user(s) upon new user registrations. The number of receivers can be set at your decision.
- User Forgot Password Email Settings – is where to modify the subject and content of the forgot password email. Do use appropriate hooks to make it work alright.
Besides, there is another important section, that is, Welcome Email Settings. In this section, you are able to modify both the subject and body of your custom welcome email. Also, you can add some URLs and additional email headers.
As for the body content, there are some helpful tips that are listed as below.
- Whatever other contents you are going to add, do not forget to include the username and the password.
- Add some links to introduce your websites, highlight your products, or offer exclusive discounts.
- Attach some contact information, such as addresses and phone number in case that some users want to get support via these channels.
- If your website is available on Twitter, Facebook, or some other social networks, add these buttons to gain more visits and potential customers.
Step 3: Troubleshooting Your Welcome Email
After customizing the welcome email, remember to save these settings by clicking the “Update Settings” button. Then, click the “Test Emails” button to check the email by sending it to the admin address(es). Finally, you can send the custom email to some of your friends or colleagues. This is a good practice to check whether there are some problems with email in terms of the layout, content, display, etc.