After reviewed 100+ affordable and reputable Windows hosting providers on their reliability, speed, price, technologies and technical support, we recommend HostGator, Host4ASP.NET and WinHost as the best cheap Windows hosting providers in 2017 for personal and small businesses.
Each of the 3 companies has accumulated tich hosting experience in this industry and they are followed by a large number of webmasters all over the world. Up to now, we have browsed numerous customer reviews of the 3 web hosts, and found that each of them enjoyed a high customer satisfaction rate. In below, we have developed a table to show the 3 providers’ highlights.
Why They Are the Best Winodws Hosting Providers
To be honest, the ranking of the best Windows hosting is based on facts. We make this serious promise that all the evidences are not out of thin air. And now, let’s reveal the secret why HostGator, Host4ASP.NET and WinHost are the best three hosting providers.
Cutting-edge Microsoft Technologies
As we all know, to create a functional Windows-based website, latest Microsoft technology is always the first consideration coming into your mind. Fortunately, those three excellent companies have considered fully before releasing each hosting plan. Each hosting package comes with the latest version of Windows server. Besides, sufficient disk space and bandwidth are also accessible for you.
All of the three hosting companies guarantee stunning uptime – 99.99%, creating a reliable hosting environment for each hosted website. Furthermore, the fast server response time is also a spotlight of all hosting solutions. Based on our monitoring to the server response time of HostGator, Host4ASP.NET and WinHost, we finally get the conclusion that Host4ASP.NET is the most responsive one, only consuming 309ms on average. Check the evidence as below.
Since most people prefer to the high quality service at a nice price, HostGator, Host4ASP.NET and WinHost all have launched cost-effective Windows hosting solutions, starting at $4.16/mo, $2.95/mo and $3.95/mo. Each plan includes at least 30 days refund policy so that you can experience the service to the fullest.
Considerate Technical Support
Once getting into trouble, the well-trained support team offers the effective solutions over to you. The three companies promise that each solution is come out in the shortest time. If you are looking for some useful hosting knowledge and tips, the knowledgebase can help you a lot.
Budget Windows Hosting > HostGator
HostGator Windows hosting plans are the most cost effective Windows hosting plans we have reviewed. The regular price is starting at $5.95/mo. Now this web host provides a coupon code EUNGE30OFF to cut the price down for $4.16/mo, 30% off. To get such affordable Windows hosting solution, please follow the coupon code activation as below.
HostGator is an experienced web hosting provider devoting to both Windows and Linux based hosting services. With about the 10 years’ development, their ASP.NET web hosting plan has been a popular topic among ASP.NET users for its high quality Windows hosting services.
- Dedicated application pools. Customer websites are hosted in different dedicated application pools to the maintenance of good performance.
- MSSQL 2012 databases with MSSQL server 2012 provided to ensure secure backup and multiple databases.
- ASP.NET 4.5, MVC 4, Silverlight 5, AJAX & URL rewrite module well supported.
- URL rewrite module & Full Trust allowed.
Budget Windows Hosting > Host4ASP.NET
Host4ASP.NET offers affordable Windows hosting plan starting at $6.95/mo regularly. Actually, the company is carrying on a special limited-time promotion of 58% off now, that means the effective cost is starting at $2.95/mo – a very competitive price in the Windows hosting market. Going through this promotional link, the discount will be activated automatically.
Host4ASP.NET has been one of the leaders in Windows hosting industry since its establishment, with thousands of loyal customers for its great reliability and fast speed. Here, we list some features attractive to the ASP.NET developers that helps the company have the reputation of the first-rate ASP.NET services in the industry.
- 100% Xeon quad core processor Dell poweredge servers with 16-32 GB RAM and RAID 10 disk array. All the servers are under 24×7 monitoring and security guards to the guarantee of 99.9% server uptime.
- Windows 2012 with IIS 8.x & Windows 2008 with IIS 7.x. Every customer website is hosted in an isolated application pool for the protection from latency.
- MSSQL 2012/2008 R2, with the support of secure web based MSSQL manager.
- ASP.NET 4.5.1, MVC, Silverlight, node.js, WebSockets & LINQ supported.
Budget Windows Hosting > WinHost
WinHost, founded in 2001, is one of a few web hosts which only focus on providing the Windows based hosting service. With the 10+ years development and growth, WinHost has accumulated rich experience and has become a large Windows hosting providers over the Internet. Today, WinHost has 60,000 Windows hosting customers, and it’s still fast growing with approximately 1,500+ new customers added for each month.
WinHost offers 3 Windows hosting solutions for personal and small businesses – WinHost Basic, WinHost Max and WinHost Ultimate which are originally priced at $4.95/mo, $9.95/mo and $19.95/mo respectively. However, by clicking the following promotional link, you can get 20% discount so as to purchase the service starting at $3.95/mo.
In addtion to offering budget-friendly Windows hosting solutions, WinHost also attach great importance to the latest Microsoft technologies, great reliability, fast speed and award-winning technical support. Here, we list the main features offered by this company as below, which are included in each Windows hosting package of WinHost.
- 100% Dell servers with 32 GB RAM & RAID 10 disk array utilized to enable customer websites to run much faster.
- Windows 2012 with IIS 8 and Windows 2008 with IIS 7 – the latest Microsoft Windows hosting platforms. Particularly, Windows server 2012 shows the best server reliability by alerting the technicians before a problem occurs.
- MSSQL 2012 database & MSSQL 2008/2008 R2. With the newest database, ASP.NET applications and software can run without any problem, such as Orchard, nopCommerce, DotNetNuke.
- .NET 4.5 & MVC 4 – the latest .NET framework support available to help developers have tight control over HTML and HTTP.
- Microsoft URL rewrite module 2 & Full Trust allowed.
General Knowledge about Windows Hosting
The Windows hosting solution is great for webmasters who prefer to use the ASP.NET based scripts and frameworks for the creation and running of their websites. In addition, you will require the Windows serve if you are working with C#, ColdFusion and Visual Basic, developing any product using the Microsoft Stack or SharePoint Designer and showcasing the legacy content based on the Microsoft FrontPage. These are the most common situations when you need to leverage the Windows hosting service.
When Not to Choose Windows Hosting
We have to mention that if you decide to use some PHP applications along with the programming languages of Python, Perl and CGI, you’d better choose the Linux hosting instead of the Windows option.
Here we have a typical example. The popular CMS of WordPress can be installed on both Linux hosting and Windows hosting environment. However, it is much wiser for you to choose the Linux one due to the better script performance it can bring to you.
In addition, you need to pay attention to the database. The Linux hosting comes with the MySQL database while the Windows server generally runs with the MS SQL database.
Advantages of Windows Hosting
Without doubt, the Windows hosting solution is user-friendly that requires almost no interaction with the command lines. In this case, if you are the newbie who has not experienced with the hosting service, you can have a try on the Windows hosting.
Drawbacks of Windows Hosting
As for the drawbacks of this hosting type, we mainly conclude the following aspects.
- It is not as popular and widely used as the Linux hosting. Not all the web hosts in the market offer this hosting type.
- If you are looking for the full flexibility for customizing your web server, you may encounter some troubles.
- The hosting charge is expensive due to the license fee of Microsoft.