For anyone wishing to start a popular online store successfully, the user-friendly shopping cart software and reliable hosting service are critical. Due to the fact that there are unlimited matches of e-commerce tools and hosting packages, people may feel confused to make the ultimate-right decision. In this article, therefore, we’d like to introduce an ideal match composing of the best software and hosting solution for e-commerce website creation.
The Best Shopping Cart Software
Based on our real experience and user votes, osCommerce has been awarded as the best shopping cart tool. It offers all the features needed to help business owners set up a self-hosted online store for free, and securely market and sell their products and services to people all over the world. As estimated, osCommerce now is supporting more than 13,000 e-commerce sites, and the number continues increasing significantly.
- Free of Charge – osCommerce is free online store management software that is distributed under the GNU General Public License, so users can download and install it without paying even one penny.
- Open Source – With the open source nature, osCommerce can be modified and configured by some geeks freely to meet their explicit requirements.
- Use-Friendliness – This tool is very easy-to-use featuring an intuitive and understandable user interface. For newbies who feel difficult to install it manually, they can make use of the 1-click osCommerce installer available in almost all the hosting packages.
- Multiple Addons – osCommerce offers over 7,000 addons for customers to choose, which include payment modules, shipping modules, order total modules, and many more.
- Community Support – Once users encounter some problems with this software, they can get the best help from osCommerce growing community of over 260,000 store owners, developers, and service providers.
The Best Shopping Cart Hosting
There are 3 hosting types that can be used to set up an online store, but due to the fact that e-commerce sites require a large volume of server resources to store and transfer its high-resolution images and other files, the shared hosting solution may not be powerful enough. Besides, dedicated hosting is most suited for large and complex business portals with tremendous traffic, and it is not budget-friendly for online store owners. In this circumstance, VPS hosting is the best hosting option.
There are hundreds of hosting companies offering VPS service, but we only recommend BlueHost VPS Standard plan after our in-depth review and comparison of more than 50 VPS packages. Check the detailed reasons in the following.
- Affordable Price – In fact, BlueHost has 4 VPS hosting plans, but considering the price is the top priority of the majority of businessmen, the Standard is the best choice. Regularly, this plan has been priced starting at $29.99/mo, but now the price is down to $14.99/mo effectively for customers going through this 50% promotion link.
- Managed Service – The VPS service offered by BlueHost is full-managed, meaning that customers only need to focus on their online stores, and the rest takes are the responsibilities of BlueHost, such as the web server maintenance and configuration, network related issues, hardware failures, firewall setup and troubleshooting, data backup configurations, and control panel installation, etc.
- Server Resources – BlueHost VPS Standard offers 2 GB of RAM, 30 GB of disk space, and 1 TB of monthly data transfer, which are absolutely sufficient for customers to build a content-rich online store successfully. Besides, customers can also get a domain name and dedicated IP address for free.
- Advanced Technologies – BlueHost utilizes the most advanced technologies to back up its VPS hosting, such as cloud technology of OpenStack and KVM, enhanced cPanel control panel, root access, instant provisioning, multi-account management, and many more.
- Hosting Performance – BlueHost designs and builds their VPS servers with high-quality parts and cutting-edge technologies, and locates these robust servers at world-class data centers to make sure that they are working efficiently and uninterruptedly. As tested in the real world, BlueHost is able to guarantee almost 100% uptime and fast page loading speed which is less than 1 second averagely.
- Responsive Support – Once customers need help, they can contact BlueHost in-house technical support staffs via phone call, e-mail, and live chat 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. All of these representatives are well-trained and experienced, enhancing customer satisfaction rate significantly.
Based on the information we have discussed above, osCommerce and BlueHost VPS hosting are undoubtedly a perfect match for businessmen to set up an online store easily. In addition, with BlueHost 30 days full refund policy, customers will encounter no risk during their money making process.
In addition, we also want to showcase two alternatives if you are not interested in the match of BlueHost + osCommerce or are looking for the shared web hosting.
InMotion Hosting + PrestaShop
PrestaShop is a free e-commerce solution. As this software is developed based on the Open Software License, it is totally open source so that you can download it and change the source code without any charge. Also, PrestaShop is based on the PHP language, along with the database support from MySQL. At present, PrestaShop has been used by more than 250,000 online stores worldwide and is multilingual with 60 different languages available.
As for InMotion Hosting, this is a famous business hosting provider that has millions of customers all around the globe. With this special promotional link, you can enjoy a 50% discount for signing up with them, enjoying an affordable price of $3.49/mo. In addition, to maintain the great hosting performance and almost no downtime for all the hosted websites, this web host leverages the DELL branded server machines, 2 cutting-edge data centers, SSD drives and the CloudFlare CDN. Even, InMotion Hosting ensures the top-notch service by offering the 24/7 premier technical support.
Here, to achieve the proper running of PrestaShop, this hosting provider ensures the 100% script compatibility and the pre-installation service for this powerful shopping cart.
WebHostingHub + Magento
Magento is another open source shopping cart that comes with three editions for different groups of business owners. As researched online, the market share of this e-commerce solution is around 30%. In addition, as compared with the other two shopping carts introduced in the above parts, Magento is much more powerful that comes with more features.
WebHostingHub is a budget-friendly option that charges you starting at $1.95/mo effectively via this promotional link. Also, you can get $200 advertising credits for the easy promotion of your online store, along with some other free extras such as free website backup and free domain.
In addition to meeting the technical requirement of Magento, WebHostingHub also optimizes their hosting environment to ensure the peak performing.