It is not surprising that most users have heard about AccuWebHosting, the company who has been dedicated to providing various hosting services since 2003. However, it seems that this company has paid much attention to its Windows hosting services. As a result, many readers are wondering whether it is professional for Linux web hosting.
In this AccuWebHosting review, we will conduct an extensive analysis of the company’s shared Linux hosting services, revealing both good aspects and shortcomings behind its price, usability, feature, speed, uptime, technical support, etc.
AccuWebHosting Review on Package and Pricing
When choosing hosting services, packages and prices are on the top of many users’ considerations because they are correlative with the hosting scalability and cost. From this point of view, the company is not as competitive as expected.
In total, AccuWebHosing provides two types of shared hosting services, namely, shared hosting on cloud servers and Linux SSD web hosting. As the service names suggest, the former type of services is powered by so-called cloud servers while the latter is powered by traditional servers featuring pure SSD storage.
Both types of hosting services contain three plans. Check the following list for more information about the plans and their prices.
- Shared hosting on cloud servers range: The three hosting plans – Personal Website, Small Business Website, and Enterprise Website are priced at $5.06/mo, $13.56/mo, and $22.06/mo in respective.
- Linux SSD web hosting range: Named as Personal Web Hosting, Small Business Web Hosting, and Enterprise Web Hosting, the three plans are available at $3.19/mo, $5.31/mo, and $10.98/mo severally.
From the list above, it is evident that the company’s services, in general, are a little bit expensive for most users, especially the entry-level ones. Also, when compared to some excellent budget web hosts who provide quality hosting services at less than $3/mo, it indeed lacks competitiveness regarding the price value.
AccuWebHosting Review on Hosting Feature
Taken as a whole, the features come with AccuWebHosting two types of hosting packages are almost the same. Therefore, with the purpose of making it clear for readers to understand, we will focus on the Linux SSD web hosting range in sections below.
Frankly speaking, AccuWebHosting has included rich basic features within its plans. Some highlights of its feature offerings are listed as below.
- Important programming tools like PHP, Perl, Python, and CGI are all supported.
- The company provides cPanel, the most popular control panel in the field for users to manage websites and accounts.
- A 1-click installer is offered, enabling users to install most common CMS, eCommerce, and other kinds of open source applications with ease.
- It provides multiple freebies, including a free website builder, free daily backup service, free domain name registration (valid for .com, .net, .biz, .info and .org extensions only), and free domain transfer service (valid for the first year only).
However, when it comes to the allocation of server resources, AccuWebHosting has no distinctive advantage over other competitors. To illustrate this point in a more intuitive way, we have compared the company with WebHostingHub, a leading hosting provider in the industry, and finally formed the table below.
|Disk Storage||10 GB||Unlimited|
|How to Claim||–||Promo Link|
AccuWebHosting Review on Uptime & Speed
AccuWebHosting has a total of four data center locations on a global scale, including Denver, Colorado (US), Mumbai, Maharashtra (India), Singapore (Singapore), and Amsterdam (Holland).
Among these data centers, the one located in Denver is beyond all doubt the pillar. This data center is equipped with the most standard configurations, such as redundant power supplies, 24×7 onsite monitoring, fire depression system, and more.
As for the hosting servers, the company does not compromise on this part. It utilizes dual Xeon E5 servers with high specifications, including a minimum of 128GB RAM, high-speed SAN storage (for cloud hosting) or SSDs with RAID 10 setup, etc.
Despite the fact that AccuWebHosting infrastructures are robust, its hosting reliability and speed are not as satisfying as expected. Displayed in the following screen capture, the company has only achieved 99.87% uptime in the past month.
From the perspective of hosting speed, nor is AccuWebHosting performance satisfying. Averagely, it takes 550ms for answering to a server request, 37.5% slower than the industry-standard 400ms. Technically speaking, this server response time is far from competitive, which may bring users some nasty headaches like an increase in bounce rate and a drop of search engine rankings.
AccuWebHosting Review on Customer Service
As many other hosts do, the company offers 24×7 available technical support for users to get assistance. It provides most primary communications methods as below, with which users are able to choose the one that fits them the best when encountering some sales, billing, or technical related problems.
- Toll-free phone: The most efficient way to talk with a real person. However, it is only free for US-based users. Besides, fluent spoken English skills may be required for smooth communications.
- Live chat: This is also a good option to ask for help without any cost. However, as some webmasters have reported, AccuWebHosting live chat is not available 24×7 in some cases as it advertises.
- Email: Email support is valid for sales and billing related problems only.
- Ticket: Ticket is the most traditional way for support. The company promises to answer each trouble ticket within 1 hour, which is a little bit too long for some urgent users.
- Knowledgebase: The company provides a wide range of tutorials, guides, and other articles for users to search for self-help solutions.
- Blog, forum, and social media: These support channels are useful for exchanging experience as well as views with other users over the web.
Final Thought – Is AccuWebHosting a Good Choice for Linux Hosting?
From the thorough AccuWebHosting review, it is not difficult to draw a conclusion that this company is not a good choice for Linux hosting. Its pricing level is a little bit too high compared with other economic providers. Besides, it fails to provide rich server resources, excellent uptime, and fast loading speed.
Therefore, we recommend the following better alternatives. As the indisputable leaders of the shared Linux hosting industry, they are able to support each step of your online journey to success.