Frankly, because of the expensive Microsoft software licenses including Windows Server and MS SQL Server, there are not many users and providers as the Linux-based service in the marketplace, especially it’s hard to find a reputed provider.
Recently, with Microsoft technology being more and more mature and popular, some reputed web hosting companies have started to offer ASP.NET hosting service, like GoDaddy, but without a long time of management and operation, they are not experienced and knowledgeable enough in this aspect.
Best ASP.NET Hosting 2018
On the basis of our 8 years’ rock-solid ASP.NET experience and the reputation researched at other professional site, we recommend Host4ASP.NET, WinHost and DiscountASP.NET as the best ASP.NET hosting, according to the web hosting .NET technology & features, speed, reliability, support and price.
The Best ASP.NET Hosting Choices
You may start to be aware of the difficulty on finding a reliable ASP.NET hosting provider. In this case, we recommend you go with HostGator, WinHost and DiscountASP.NET, all of which enjoy high industry reputation and include incomparable features. More details are in below.
Best ASP.NET Hosting – Host4ASP.NET
Founded in 2013, it is a fast growing Windows hosting company operated in Chicago, IL, US, offering the comprehensive web hosting solutions using both Windows and Plesk platform. They have a brilliant reputation in the ASP.NET development community for their budget and developer-friendly hosting which supports almost all the latest cutting-edge Microsoft technology.
Besides, Host4ASP.NET has 3 hosting plans – Basic Plan, Advanced Plan and Business Plan. If you’re starting to develop your websites and your websites are less than 6, we recommend you going with Advanced hosting. You can upgrade to the Business package at any time without money loss. The Basic hosting is starting at $2.95/mo only and free SSL is included.
In regards to features, Host4ASP.NET bestows bountiful hosting features, including Plesk control panel, unlimited disk space, hosting websites, FTP accounts, monthly bandwidth, auto-responders, email forwarders. And it supports Windows 2008 R2, MSSQL 2008 R2 Express, Full Trust, ASP.NET 1.0/2.0/3.5SP/4.0 and ASP.NET MVC 1/2/3, remote IIS, Free SSL Certificate and etc.
Personal ASP.NET Hosting Choice – WinHost
WinHost has taken particular actions for the network routing. Apart from high network uptime, WinHost takes pride in delivering ultra-fast server speed. It makes use of Dell dual quad core servers and RAID-10 disk array technologies in the data centers. Besides, to make sure of the data security and integrity, this company utilizes firewall protection and site auto-backups services. Moreover, out testing team has been monitoring its servers for more than 6 months and we find that it achieves a high uptime of 100% and nearly 317ms server response time.
In regards to hosting plans, WinHost offers a total of three packages – Basic, Max and Ultimate respectively. All plans are available for 3/12/24-month billing cycles. And more, this company prices the plans from $3.95/mo, which is accessible for readers going through the promotional link as follows. In the meantime, a 30-day money back guarantee is provided, which enables customers to ask for a full refund if they are unhappy with this service.
Small Business ASP.NET Hosting Choice – DiscountASP.NET
Furthermore, this company includes a large number of core hosting features, including unlimited FTP accounts, MySQL, Microsoft SQL and sub-domains, free domain transfer and MySQL transfer, easy-to-manage control panel, hotlink protection, virus scanning and so forth.
When it comes to pricing, DiscountASP.NET hosting is rated from $10/mo regularly, but now this company allows you to purchase this plan with a 50%-discounted price of $5/mo by activating the discount below. Like most web hosts, this company offers a trusted 30-day non-contractual money back guarantee.
Top 10 Tips You Shall Know on Choosing ASP.NET Hosting
Being devoted into ASP.NET development and ASP.NET website hosting for a couple of years, we know the secrets hidden in the ASP.NET hosting advertisement and how difficult to find a trusted and cost effective ASP.NET hosting provider. Thus, we would like to show you the top 10 tips on choosing ASP.NET hosting providers before starting with our topic.
- MS SQL Server database edition and limitation. The latest version of MSSQL 2012 are preferred.
- .NET Framework versions. Does it support the version used for your website?
- ASP.NET MVC versions. Does it support the version used for your website if you’re using ASP.NET MVC technology?
- Does it provide the dedicated application pool so that you won’t be affected by your neighbors?
- How long the IIS is set to recycle your website – usually 30 minutes at least is required.
- What’s the maximum dedicated memory allowed for the ASP.NET websites?
- The hosting provider needs to have the rich experiences and knowledge of how to ensure the high-quality ASP.NET hosting. Besides, it is great that they have got plenty of positive feedbacks from real customers and have been trusted and recommended by a lot of authorities, communities and hosting review sites.
- The ASP.NET hosting needs to ensure a high level of hosting reliability with at least 99.9% uptime. Note that this can be achieved with the utilization of cutting-edge data centers, solid server machines and no overselling practice. In addition, some confident web hosts even claim to give you some compensations if they fail to meet their promised uptime track record.
- The hosting speed is also pretty essential. After all, your readers can be frustrating if they find it takes a long time for accessing your website. In this case, you need to figure out that whether your web host can ensure the peak performance with no more than 3 seconds for page loading and 400 ms for the server response.
- The web host needs to ensure the all-time-rounded technical support to assist you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Also, their support staffs need to have the rich knowledge about ASP.NET hosting and related applications.
General Knowledge about ASP.NET
ASP.NET is the server-side online application framework coming with the open source nature. It is designed with the purpose of web development and dynamic webpages production mainly. In addition, developed by Microsoft, ASP.NET has been used by a lot of programmers for the creation of complicated websites, online applications and add-on services.
In fact, ASP.NET has been released since January 2002, which is the successor to the Active Server Pages technology of Microsoft. As it is built based on the Common Language Runtime, developers and programmers can write the ASP.NET code with the help of .NET language.